Thursday, March 20, 2014

March 19

Karen was reluctant to renegotiate our weight loss deal.  She told me she's just trying to catch up from the last few years.  Put that way it was hard for me to respond.  Karen is much more alert and joking more now which, in my opinion, is a very good sign.  She looks a lot healthier with more color in cheeks.

Becca spit up more and the nurses noticed her pushing her tongue in and out of her mouth rhythmically which is a possible sign of seizures.  The doctor said it's unlikely and believe it's caused by acid reflux so they put her acid reflux medication and a continuous feed as opposed to every 3 hours.  To be safe they put her on a brain scanner of sorts that monitors electrical activity in the brain.  She seemed to be doing better and was calmer despite being in a much busier area.



Braden

5 comments:

  1. Braden, you need to clarify the agreement as a net weight loss/gain situation rather than a gross gain/loss. Then you would be out of your hole.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or maybe I need some motivation like being behind to help me along with my own goals...

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear Karen's on the upside. Hope Becca's okay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becca is starting to look like you Braden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope not. Her mom is much better looking than me.

      Delete