Wednesday, March 19, 2014

March 18

Karen is still tired which has me a little worried for her next chemo treatment on Monday.  Before the chemo starts on Monday they will be putting a 'port' in.  It is a procedure that doesn't take long but will hopefully make things a little easier for her.  The biggest part is she will have her 'pic' (no sure of spelling) line removed.  No more semi-permanent I.V. in her arm that hurts when it gets bumped.  It also means she will only have the feeding tube for James to possibly (usually) grab when Karen holds him.

Becca is still doing well although she was a little upset for some reason last night.  We're not sure why and neither was the nurse but she was a little more fussy than normal.  Her lungs are definitely working a lot better now than when she was born.  We did get to feed her a bit from the bottle, though Karen didn't get to hold her much because the 'pic' line was bothering her not to mention being tired.

Becca is still putting on a weight and Karen is too.  For the last few years Karen and I have had an agreement where I would have to lose 5 pounds (2 pounds if she was pregnant) for every pound she gained.  Since Karen is already up to 119 from 110 I think a little renegotiation is in order.  I'm already 40 pounds behind and she gets to 'cheat' with the feeding tube and eating some food normally.  I guess when it comes to this type of stuff, "If you aren't cheating you're not trying hard enough."

Braden


2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are doing this blog, its good to see Becca's progress and how Karen is doing as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice to know Karen weighs more than me again! Let her know I love her!

    ReplyDelete