Tuesday, March 18, 2014

March 17

It is always nice to see how willing people are to help Karen, me, James and Rebecca.  We have had a lot of people from the ward in Mt. Pleasant make the hour trip to help out.  There have also been people from the local ward here that have helped out a total stranger.  It is a relief to know that while I am at work someone is with Karen.  While I am only a few minutes away by car that is still a long drive if something happened.

Karen and I went to a premature baby class where they went over development and how to hold and calm them down.  What it all boils down to is no light touches, be firm but soft, keep the noise level down to avoid overload and stress, no bright lights and move slowly when holding them.  They did encourage us to talk, sing or hum softly to Becca.  They also encouraged continued skin to skin contact for development and calming.  We still have a lot to learn.

After the class we spent some time with Becca and fed her from a bottle again.  She has been spitting up a little so we let the nurses know that James had done the same thing on Similac and Enfamil formulas but not on the Gerber (not soy based).  I thought it would take a while for them to try out the other formula but to my surprise they let us try it while we were there.  It's too early to tell but we hope it helps.

On the way out I realized I hadn't take any pictures and hurried to snap this.


I was going through my phone the other day and found this picture of Karen and James.


Braden

2 comments:

  1. My mom (Paula) was Karen's visiting teaching companion and she cued me into your blog. What a sweet little family you have! Your little Becca is just a dolly. :) That smile is absolutely adorable. I'm adding my prayers to the many that are offered for you. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your prayers. I have to agree, Becca is a total doll, not to mention having me and Karen totally wrapped around her itty bitty little finger.

    ReplyDelete