Saturday, March 15, 2014

March 14

So Becca weighed in at 1850 grams (just barely over 4 lbs).  That means they will be moving her out of the isolette and into a crib in the next day or two.  They also fed her a little with a bottle.  She ate a bit and did quite well.  She then finished off by eating 36 milliliters or about 1 ounce via the feeding tube.

Karen did the feeding and then let me hold Becca for a while.  Karen laid back in her chair and took a little nap while I enjoyed holding our little girl.  We got some tiny hand molds of Becca, my thumb is as big around as her wrist.

Braden


Chemo has made me really tired this week and the doctor trying to change the feeding tube amounts didn't help any. However, tonight I got to feed Becca her very first bottle. She did awesome and ate 4 milliliters before she got too tired. I let Braden hold her after that and I leaned back, closed my eyes, and let his humming put us both to sleep.

Karen

1 comment:

  1. So happy with the progress for both of you. I love the picture and we want you to know that we are praying for your all of you every morning. We love you. Garry and Kay

    ReplyDelete