Wednesday, April 30, 2014

April 29

We took Becca to our family doctor this morning.  He wanted to see her as soon as possible after getting her home so he is  familiar with her case.  At the visit Becca weighed in at 7 lbs 3 oz and was 19.5 inches long.  In one week she has gained 1/2 pound and grown 1/4 inch which is right where she should be.  It also explains why she can sleep so much.




After getting home from the doctor's office Karen went to pick James up from my sister's.  When she got back she was shivering uncontrollably.  We took her temp and found she was running a fever of 103.  That is a little scary since the oncologist warned us about sudden fevers and that it could be a sign of infection or complications from the cancer treatments.  After a call to the oncologist's office we headed back to our family doctor's office.  Right now they think it is a sinus infection and have prescribed some antibiotics.

After we got home from the second visit the oncologist called and wanted to draw some blood for a CBC test to make sure nothing else is going on.  So we made another trip, this time to the hospital.  I'm glad our niece was there to babysit otherwise it could have gotten really interesting.  I'm also glad my boss and coworkers are so easy to work with on all of this.

I had thought the adrenalin filled days were behind me.  Today made me realize there are probably many more scares ahead and I will just have to deal with them as the come.

Braden

2 comments:

  1. That sounds scary! I'm wondering how long the treatment is meant to last. When will you know if she is out in the clear? I'll be in Utah by the time you read this, give me a call when you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow scary stuff, continued prayers for you guys.

    ReplyDelete