Monday, April 21, 2014

April 20

After a lack of sleep we started the discharge process.  In the middle of this we found some volunteers were doing church services in the NICU waiting room.  Karen and I took turns and went to church for a bit (about 15 minutes).  By about 12:30 we were finally on our way out the door with our little girl in her car seat.


I worked on arranging the crib while Karen got to hold Becca for a bit.  At discharge she was 19 inches and 6 lbs 9 oz.  Not bad for where she started at 15.5 inches and 3 lbs 6 oz.  The home health care delivered an oxygen concentrator and two more portable tanks.  I don't think we'll need the tanks but it's nice to know we have them.


In the evening George and Leslie invited Karen and me to Easter dinner with their family.  Karen and I alternated attending so one of us was always with Becca.  I ate dinner, Karen watched the egg hunt and I ate dessert (I volunteered for the hard jobs).

Growing up the only thing I ever got for Easter was candy.  The gift for this year beat all of that candy without breaking a sweat.

Braden

3 comments:

  1. Braden - your comment made me laugh and then cry. Bless your hearts - this sweet, precious daughter of Heavenly Father will someday understand and realize how special she is to have parents such as you two. Please give Karen a hug for me OK? Kay Remington

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I will pass the hug on to Karen.

      Delete
  2. Becca looks so dang cute in the pic of her in the car seat!
    Shae and Cordell

    ReplyDelete