Saturday, May 24, 2014

May 24 (Karen's birthday)

Karen's birthday was today.  Don't ask me how old she is though I can tell you she is three weeks older than me and, on my next birthday, I will be 35.  Her first present was from Becca and, no, it's not what you think.  Becca slept through the night so nobody had to get up to feed and/or change her.  I have been asking Karen what her favorite breakfast is and the only response I could get from her was, "Cold cereal is the only thing that sounds good lately."  It really made it hard for me to fix her breakfast in bed, but somehow I managed it without messing up the kitchen too badly.

We had originally been planning to head out of town for the day but Karen and I thought a three hour car ride each way on a chemo week would not have been the best thing for her.  Instead we stayed home and worked on the house and yard.

Since Karen and I didn't have much of a date night last night we will try movie and ice cream tonight.  Karen said to add brownies (gluten free) since that is as close to a birthday cake as she can get.

Becca is really growing fast.  Here she is in some pajamas that fit her like a tent just a few weeks ago.  Hopefully she will be off of oxygen in time for her baby blessing in just over a week.


Braden

1 comment:

  1. Uninterrupted sleep is the best gift! Glad you had a good birthday!!

    ReplyDelete