Monday, May 19, 2014

May 19

Karen decided to get her hair cut short this past week.  The doctor has assured us she won't completely lose her hair, that it will only thin a bit.  Well, her hair has been thinning for a while but when James grabbed her hair and came away with a handful of it she made up her mind to keep him from doing it again.


Tomorrow Karen has a chemo treatment just in time for her birthday on Saturday and a possible trip over Memorial Day weekend.  The trip part depends on how well she tolerates the treatment this week.

Becca just keeps growing.  She is holding her head up but is still in the bobble head baby phase as one of my nieces put it.  On Sunday she was flexing her legs and pushing her head up so much that I stood her up.  She held her weight and kept her head mostly steady while I balanced her for a few seconds.


We are planning on the baby blessing on June 1st which should give Karen the most time possible to recover from what she calls her chemo week.

I keep telling Karen she needs to post here but I don't know if she has the time and energy when she thinks about it.  It makes me wonder about what I should really be spending my own time on.  We were talking a while ago and she told me if it came to keeping a clean house or spending time with her kids she was going to choose her kids.  That is something I can totally understand, especially with two great little kids.

Braden

1 comment: