Thursday, May 1, 2014

May 1

Becca did well during the night with Karen's mom taking care of her.  Karen slept much better which will hopefully help her out tonight.  Karen's parents left this evening and I really hope she doesn't overdo it.  I have joked with her that if she does do too much I will be forced to break a toe so she has to take it easy.

The company I work for did a community service project today.  It was nice to get out and be physically active not to mention doing something for others.  I had expected Karen's parents to be gone by the time I got home but they were working on baby (James) proofing some drawers in the kitchen.  Shortly after that they started the three hour drive home.

In the middle of all this I turned around to see James just standing in the middle of the floor and not in reach of anything.  He titled his head and twisted his body a little and then sat down.  Good thing the baby proofing is under way because in less than a month he is going to start walking.  At that point we are in for a wild ride.

One of Karen's friends made a little note for us on the front door for visitors for the next few weeks.  Most babies coming out of the NICU have slightly suppressed immune systems.  Because of that the doctors are worried about a lot of visitors coming in and holding or being around Becca.  They even told us to keep her away from other children.  Guess that means Karen or I won't be going to church.  We'll have to work it out but with Karen's immune system being knocked back she may just decide to stay home.

That was something we didn't really worry about with James.  It made me think of all the differences between Becca and James.  Then I found this picture and decided they're very much alike.



Braden

No comments:

Post a Comment