Monday, May 12, 2014

May 12

Things have been a little busy for Karen and I over the last few days so I haven't posted.  Karen's parents arrived Tuesday night to help out with more baby proofing and some other items in the house.  It is amazing to me how much unpacking and rearranging we still have to do.  Then again we have only been back for two weeks after being gone for more than two months.

James is a funny little kid and loves to randomly growl at me.  Karen and I have both found that if you poke him in the stomach and beep he will laugh and then grab your hand and make you poke him again so he can laugh.

Becca is getting bigger everyday.  She is starting to stay awake for longer periods of time.  James loves to play in the baby papasan chair that Becca sleeps in.  On Saturday I was trying to keep James from jumping in it while his sister was sleeping.  Eventually he turned the chair on so it would play music and vibrate a little.  Just after he did that he looked up and gave me the biggest grin, almost as if he was saying, "See I'm a good big brother."



Sunday Karen decided to brave going to church for an hour since it was Mother's Day.  She was a little worried with her immune system being a suppressed because of the chemo treatments so she wore a mask.  I think she's glad she went since instead of handing out flowers at the end they had Symphony candy bars.

James was having so much fun playing with my phone in church.  He kept holding the button down and activating Siri.  After the tenth beep in the middle of a lesson I turned Siri off, though he kept trying to get the phone to beep.


After church I was half way through making dinner when I realized that Karen had already made some sauce for the lasagna she's been craving and planned to make for Sunday dinner.  When I apologized for ruining her dinner plans she said it was impossible for someone to ruin it by making dinner for her.  Glad she is such a great person and an even better mother.

Braden

No comments:

Post a Comment