Friday, January 15, 2016

TIPS

This week was the TIPS operation that is supposed to help with the side effects of my poorly functioning liver. We went into the hospital at 10:30 am and had the procedure done at 2:30. There was another operation that pushed us back. It gave us lots of time to talk. I got back to the waiting area at 6:30. I was having a hard time coming out of the anesthesia since they gave me benadryl. That stuff knocks me out for days. ... It turns out that the doctor decided to go ahead and do the hemorrhoid embolization too.

The next day I had a CT scan so the doctor could see how the operation went. He said that everything looked great and he has high hopes for the future. We have to go back in a month for a check up. I was released to go home that day.

I am very happy to be home, but this whole taking it easy while recovering from surgery I'm not so good at.

We were given the OK to do chemo Monday and my blood counts are high enough. I'm just not looking forward to it.

I want to send out a great big thank you to all those that prayed or fasted for me and this surgery. I was fairly calm and I know it was because of you.

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment