Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Saturdays

Saturdays have become one of my favorite days. Especially the Saturday after chemo. I get to change the sheets on my bed, wash all the clothes I wore during those 5 days (twice in hot water), take a shower and wipe down the toilet with disinfectant one last time. Then I get to act like a normal person for a week.

Saturday is a special day.
It's the day we get rid of chemo.
We wash the sheets and show'r somemore.
So we don't have to worry until chemo.
(As you can tell rhymes are not my forte, neither are song parodies. If you think you can do better, I would love to hear them.)

During chemo and the two days afterwards (while my body is getting rid of the chemo) I use one specific bathroom which I wipe down with disinfectant every time I use it so if someone else needs it they won't come in contact with chemo residue. ... And try very hard to keep James out of that bathroom. For some reason he really likes to play there.

This Saturday is another day I am looking forward to. To try and reduce how many colds I catch this winter I have decided I really need to start wearing surgical masks more often. Recently I bought over 150 of them and they are boring. So I am holding a Mask-erade party to decorate them. I will have to post pictures of the decorated masks.

Saturday is a special day. It's the day we get ready for ... a party.

6 comments:

  1. Karen you are so positive about this whole mess. I hope and pray for your family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen I wish I was there to help decorate. I would decorate one with big white teeth and red lips so it looks like you are smiling every minute. Please post pictures of your family so Elder Wright and I can see how much they have grown. We miss your blog and are glad you are going to continue with it. Love you lots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that mask idea. I have a couple but could use a bunch more. Hope everything is going well for you and yours.

      Delete
  3. Every time you mention that bathroom I think of grout. Hope it still looks good! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every time you mention that bathroom I think of grout. Hope it still looks good! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shae, the grout still looks wonderful. I really should get it sealed before it starts to darken again. Thanks for your hard work making that bathroom usable.

    ReplyDelete